Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Clinical Trials Poland
craftsman - Craftsman Opener having issues EmptyYesterday at 9:25 am by Altrio

» Is Impotence a Sign of an Underlying Health Condition?
craftsman - Craftsman Opener having issues EmptyYesterday at 3:12 am by ameliajames

» Old Genie BlueMax resistance adjustment sensor
craftsman - Craftsman Opener having issues EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 9:19 pm by Bob52

» QR code menu
craftsman - Craftsman Opener having issues EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:34 pm by lefeni

» KDE's great video edito
craftsman - Craftsman Opener having issues EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:32 pm by lefeni

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
craftsman - Craftsman Opener having issues EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:29 pm by lefeni

» How to Open Garage Door Manually from Inside and Outside
craftsman - Craftsman Opener having issues EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 5:45 am by melanie

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
craftsman - Craftsman Opener having issues EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

» Craftsman Opener having issues
craftsman - Craftsman Opener having issues EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

Counter

3 posters

Craftsman Opener having issues

apbgarage

craftsman - Craftsman Opener having issues Empty Craftsman Opener having issues

Post  apbgarage Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:15 pm

My Craftsman 139.3043 stopped working while we were out of town a while back, I think due to a storm. I'm getting a 1-up 2-down code, which according to this article means "wires shortened or reversed."
    I bought and installed these replacement sensors along with new wiring from Ace Hardware (standard "bell wire" they called it—I spliced the short wire that came on the new sensors onto the wire from Ace, then ran that to the motor which has the easy plug-n-play insert style).
    None of this has helped. I'm having the same issue I was having before replacing the wire and sensors, which is this:
    I follow the steps on page 29 of this manual and it works until step 7. When I go to let it run down for the final time, it goes down about 3 inches and then reverses and I get a 10-blink signal on the light bulb on the unit, which it says means the safety reversing sensors are misaligned or obstructed. I'm confident they're not because I just reinstalled them and have played with them to make sure the aligning is correct.
    In my original post, a few people said I needed a new board or entire new unit, but I'm skeptical about that because I can get through the first 6 steps of the process in the manual. In other words, the electrical and motor are working fine—the door goes up and down when I hold the buttons, and when I press and release the up button in step 6. This seems to indicate that the board and motor are functional (unless I'm totally missing something, which is very possible).
    That wraps it up. Anyone have a clue why I can get so close to finishing the reprogramming only to have that misalign/obstructed error?
    Appreciate any help.

P.S.—The new sensors don't appear to be getting any power—the lights on them have not turned on at all, no blinks or anything. Also, I've seen what the reviews for these sensors say about the need to reverse the wiring - I've tried that to no avail.
    jonemartin

craftsman - Craftsman Opener having issues Empty Re: Craftsman Opener having issues

Post  jonemartin Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:04 am

To hire this craftsman, we can repair the automatic doors when they do not work well. We can call them and safe to house, and office. 

Available here https://newsummerlandscapesllc.com/commercial-lawn-care-services-in-covington-ga/ Commercial Lawn Care Services in Covington GA
    Koby_BEZ

craftsman - Craftsman Opener having issues Empty Re: Craftsman Opener having issues

Post  Koby_BEZ Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:30 am

Your Craftsman opener troubleshooting is impressive! Here are some ideas to fix the misaligned sensor error after reprogramming:
    • Double-check connections and wire gauge (thickness) - refer to the manual.
    • Ensure direct beam facing and level mounting.
    • Try swapping sensor positions to isolate the issue.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:42 pm