Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
Limited maximum length EmptyYesterday at 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

» Craftsman Opener having issues
Limited maximum length EmptyYesterday at 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

» Sell My House Fast Phoenix
Limited maximum length EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 4:59 am by jonemartin

» MOTTIFY EU
Limited maximum length EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am by mottify

» Where is best place to buy torsion shafts locally?
Limited maximum length EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 am by Rob Ryan

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
Limited maximum length EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Garage door spring repair
Limited maximum length EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
Limited maximum length EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am by techzeel

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
Limited maximum length EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

Counter

Limited maximum length

drakaan

Limited maximum length Empty Limited maximum length

Post  drakaan Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:54 pm

Hi all,

I'm new here.  We bought a house 3 years ago that was built in the 50's and has some quirks.  There was a chamberlain model number 050actwf installed in the house when we bought it, and it's been fine, but recently made a loud popping noise when opening, and started reporting a drive problem.

The issue I have now is that I am having trouble finding something to replace it.  The door is 7ft.  Garage height is 8 ft.  There is a beam dropping down 10 inches below the ceiling that runs across the garage from left to right and leaves 112 inches between the garage door wall and the front face of the beam.

Whoever installed the last opener removed the rear light cover and bulb and anything that stuck out past the body of the opener itself, which made it fit.

Looking around, I haven't yet found anything with a total installed length of less than 124 inches.

Soooo....do I need to try to figure out what broke and fix this one?  Is there another unit I could find where the rail could be shortened, or that would fit with me removing the rear light, etc?  Do I need to mount a new opener to the beam and lengthen the rear track supports to keep everything lined up so the door doesn't hit the opener rail?  

Trying to figure out what my options are here, and this quirky garage layout is not helping.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:38 pm