Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Latest technologies to open garage doors
Cant get ALL Craftsman remotes to work simultaneously EmptyToday at 4:46 am by remsibradpitt5

» What safety features are important in a garage door opener?
Cant get ALL Craftsman remotes to work simultaneously EmptyToday at 4:45 am by remsibradpitt5

» How to choose best garage door and what points should be in mind?
Cant get ALL Craftsman remotes to work simultaneously EmptyToday at 4:44 am by remsibradpitt5

» Better Place Garage Doors
Cant get ALL Craftsman remotes to work simultaneously EmptyToday at 4:43 am by remsibradpitt5

» Garage Door Color Selection Guide
Cant get ALL Craftsman remotes to work simultaneously EmptyToday at 4:40 am by remsibradpitt5

» garage door siding clips
Cant get ALL Craftsman remotes to work simultaneously EmptyToday at 4:28 am by remsibradpitt5

» Garage Door Repair Calgary
Cant get ALL Craftsman remotes to work simultaneously EmptyToday at 4:27 am by remsibradpitt5

» Garage Door Repair Service in Owings Mills
Cant get ALL Craftsman remotes to work simultaneously EmptyToday at 4:27 am by remsibradpitt5

» Garage Door Repair Everett
Cant get ALL Craftsman remotes to work simultaneously EmptyToday at 4:25 am by remsibradpitt5

Counter

3 posters

Cant get ALL Craftsman remotes to work simultaneously

rgregory0262

Cant get ALL Craftsman remotes to work simultaneously Empty Cant get ALL Craftsman remotes to work simultaneously

Post  rgregory0262 Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:23 pm

I have an older model Craftsman 1/2hp door opener (97-00) and it has your basic grey and blue 3 button remotes. I have a remote (#1) another remote (#2) and an outside keypad (#3). For years I have been using #1 and #3 with the opener with no problem at all. Recently we added another vehicle to the house and I dug #2 out of a drawer and put a new battery in it. I went to sync it with the opener (simple enough) but it wouldn’t work. I then cleared the opener and tried again and this time it synced #2 just fine but then #1 and #3 wouldn’t work. I tried to sync #1 and #3 and the opener wouldn’t accept them with #2 being synced. I then cleared the opener again and synced #1 and #3 but once again it would not accept #2. I looked on the back of both remotes and they have the identical numbers on the back.
    139.53681B
    FCC ID: HBW1255

The ONLY difference that I see in the remotes is that #1 has a date of 07/00 and #2 has a date of 09/97.
    Anyone have any suggestions on how to get #1, #3, AND #2 to play nicely?

Thanks for any help
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

Cant get ALL Craftsman remotes to work simultaneously Empty Re: Cant get ALL Craftsman remotes to work simultaneously

Post  GDZone Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:01 pm

That's strange. That usually only happens when you have two different model of remotes but you said they are both the same. The 139.53681B Craftsman remote is the same as the 373LM made by Liftmaster (which also makes Craftsman). Double check the frequency (if you can see it) printed on the back of the remotes to make sure they are the same. The 373LM remote is 315MHz frequency while the older 973LM remote is 390MHz frequency. The remotes look the same but since they're different frequencies they are not compatible.

If they're both the same frequency and still won't work together then there must be an issue with the logic board (which contains the radio receiver).

wheatongarage

Cant get ALL Craftsman remotes to work simultaneously Empty Re: Cant get ALL Craftsman remotes to work simultaneously

Post  wheatongarage Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:36 am

Wheaton Garage Door and Opener Repair is a Local Garage Door Repair company specializing in Residential Garage Door Repairs and Installations as well as offering a host of additional services including, spring repair, garage maintenance, cable repair, opener installation and 24 hour emergency garage door repair. Our focus is geared at providing exceptional customer service, we ensure that our customers receive safe, dependable and professional services rendered. All our technicians are hand picked and specially equipped with vast expertise, therefore enabling them to execute precise workmanship. We affiliate with reputable and sought after brands, Amarr and Wayne Dalton indicating our stance on the importance of quality. We offer SAME DAY SERVICE and our skilled and knowledgeable technicians are on call 7 days a week to assist with any garage door requirements. We operate in Schaumburg,IL and service surrounding areas. Call us at, (630) 923-6973.
    rgregory0262

Post  rgregory0262 Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:41 am

Ok Thanks Brian. It must be the logic board then

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:57 am