Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Protect Your Investment with Stylish Redmi Note 10 Series Back Covers
Chamberland Safety sensors on am stanley vemco EmptyYesterday at 9:16 am by mobilecovers

» Garage door damage
Chamberland Safety sensors on am stanley vemco EmptyThu May 09, 2024 4:44 pm by garage_repair

» How do you assess the extent of damage to a bent garage door?
Chamberland Safety sensors on am stanley vemco EmptyThu May 09, 2024 4:42 pm by garage_repair

» Unlocking Essay Writing Potential with Professional Services
Chamberland Safety sensors on am stanley vemco EmptyWed May 08, 2024 3:19 pm by AinsleePickle

» Changing Batteries in Keypad
Chamberland Safety sensors on am stanley vemco EmptyWed May 08, 2024 8:51 am by jonemartin

» How to fix common issues with changing views on Outlook?
Chamberland Safety sensors on am stanley vemco EmptyTue May 07, 2024 5:59 am by emailbuzz

» LED flashing on wall control, not in lock mode
Chamberland Safety sensors on am stanley vemco EmptyMon May 06, 2024 9:01 am by Mkhoury

» How to edit your birthday on Facebook?
Chamberland Safety sensors on am stanley vemco EmptyThu May 02, 2024 6:05 am by Allinsider

» Clinical Trials Poland
Chamberland Safety sensors on am stanley vemco EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 9:25 am by Altrio

Counter

2 posters

Chamberland Safety sensors on am stanley vemco

Alexandroidii

Chamberland Safety sensors on am stanley vemco Empty Chamberland Safety sensors on am stanley vemco

Post  Alexandroidii Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:39 pm

Hi every one,

I'm trying to fix/replace the safety sensors for my garage door but I'm having issues with the cabling.

I bought a Chamberlain 801c safety sensor:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B007HKOKVQ/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The safety sensors each have a single cable with 2 wires each but my old safety sensors, one unit has 2 cables with 2 wires each with one of those cables going to the other sensor, and the other cable going to the garage door opener. So the issue is my garage door opener only has a connector for 2 wires, not 4.

Am i supposed to connect the wires together and have everything splice down to 2 wires?

Or do i have the wrong sensors?

Thank you,

Alex
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

Chamberland Safety sensors on am stanley vemco Empty Re: Chamberland Safety sensors on am stanley vemco

Post  GDZone Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:34 pm

Chamberlain sensors will most likely not work on a Stanely operator. You'll need to find Stanely brand sensors. If you can't find Stanley sensors (which you probably won't since they haven't made operators for years) then you should search for some "Universal" Sensors. Make sure that they are compatible with Stanley operators.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 2:46 am