Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

Buy Marantec Remotes

Buy Raynor Remotes

Buy Raynor Remotes

Counter

Raynor 1/2 horse

tims

Raynor 1/2 horse

Post  tims on Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:33 am

I have a Raynor half horse ....and all of a sudden it is opening and closing on its own ....unplugged ...thinking it needed resetting ...have not yet done all the car remote homelink resets.....but would have to think it has to do with frequencies in the neighborhood associated with that of the receiver...correct?   surely this is not first time this has happened and should be fairly easy fix....would guess it is about 15 yrs old without researching thru serial number...thanks for help
    GDZone
    Admin

Re: Raynor 1/2 horse

Post  GDZone on Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:58 am

Random frequency interference is very rare especially with an opener that's 15 yrs old. If it was 30 or more yrs old then I would think that maybe that's a problem but not from an opener made in the past 15 years.

A more common issue would be one of your remotes having a button that is sticking down causing it to constantly sending a signal. Try taking the batteries out of the remotes and see if the problem stops. If it doesn't then I would suggest checking the wall push button wiring. The two wires may be touching at the push button or at the back of the operator where they are connected.

Garage Door Zone

Visit GarageDoorZone.com
    Like Us On Facebook
    Join Us On Twitter

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:04 am