Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Buy Marantec Remotes

Buy Raynor Remotes

Buy Raynor Remotes

Counter

Garage Door Repair - Without the use of an electric opener

aurorabynight

Garage Door Repair - Without the use of an electric opener

Post  aurorabynight on Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:31 am

Hi Everyone,
    I need some assistance. I am having some issues with my garage door opening and closing properly without the use of an opener. Currently my opener has stripped gears, so I am not using it at the moment. So usually I will go into the garage and while pulling the string at the same as lifting the door, it will usually open all the way with no issues. But my daughters boyfriend thinks he knows everything and now I am having issues with opening and closing the door. You can lift the door about 1 foot, and then it locks and you need to pull the string and lift to get it the rest of the way. It is the same for closing. Can someone please advise as to how I can fix this on my own?
    Thank you very much for your assistance, I really appreciate it!
    GDZone
    Admin

Re: Garage Door Repair - Without the use of an electric opener

Post  GDZone on Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:53 pm

On some openers you can pull down on the rope & then pull to the right or left while pulling down to keep the trolley in the unlocked position so it doesn't engage the carriage. Some openers don't do this and are always ready to engage the carriage.

If your opener can't do that then I suggest moving the carriage (that's the part that is attached to the chain & the trolley engages with) towards the back (near the motor unit). If the gear in the opener isn't totally stripped you should be able to run the carriage back without the door being attached to it by just pressing the wall button or remote. If the gear is totally stripped then you'll need to do it manually by pulling the chain until the carriage is back by the motor unit.

Garage Door Zone

Visit GarageDoorZone.com
    Like Us On Facebook
    Join Us On Twitter

aurorabynight

Thank you

Post  aurorabynight on Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:49 am

GDZone wrote:On some openers you can pull down on the rope & then pull to the right or left while pulling down to keep the trolley in the unlocked position so it doesn't engage the carriage. Some openers don't do this and are always ready to engage the carriage.

If your opener can't do that then I suggest moving the carriage (that's the part that is attached to the chain & the trolley engages with) towards the back (near the motor unit). If the gear in the opener isn't totally stripped you should be able to run the carriage back without the door being attached to it by just pressing the wall button or remote. If the gear is totally stripped then you'll need to do it manually by pulling the chain until the carriage is back by the motor unit.
    Thank you Brian, I will try this when I get home tonight.

Sue

longislandchoice

Without the use of an electric opener

Post  longislandchoice on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:15 am

I agree with you, GDzone.

sandykiwi66

Post  sandykiwi66 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:29 am

We take pride in delivering outstanding and affordable services for any type of garage door repair westchester , replacement or maintenance. 

call us anytime and we will be there to assist you anytime. ! (866) 210 0831 • (914) 368 7440

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:38 pm