• Look for dents or flat spots, and when you find them, flatten them with a hammer or a scrap of wood. Badly damaged tracks have to be replaced.
• Check whether the tracks are properly aligned. If the alignment is faulty, you should tighten the screws without removing them completely.
• Use a concentrated household cleaning liquid to clean these tracks so as to remove grease or any hardened dirt. Rollers must be carefully cleaned too and wiped dry.
• Next, you will need to lubricate both the rollers and tracks with powdered graphite and lubricant spray, respectively.
• Examine and then tighten loose hardware, and if you have swing-up garage doors, check to see if the screws on the plates where they are mounted are secure. Check the hinges on roll-up garage doors, and tighten any loose screws, or replace any damaged hinges as needed.
• On swing-up and roll-up doors, check the springs attached to holes and spring cables fixed to pulleys.
Garage Doors NJ