Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Sell My House Fast Phoenix
remote - 5011r remote  problem EmptyYesterday at 4:59 am by jonemartin

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
remote - 5011r remote  problem EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 2:22 pm by dct@cox.net

» MOTTIFY EU
remote - 5011r remote  problem EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am by mottify

» Where is best place to buy torsion shafts locally?
remote - 5011r remote  problem EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 am by Rob Ryan

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
remote - 5011r remote  problem EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Garage door spring repair
remote - 5011r remote  problem EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
remote - 5011r remote  problem EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am by techzeel

» Craftsman Opener having issues
remote - 5011r remote  problem EmptyThu Apr 18, 2024 10:04 am by jonemartin

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
remote - 5011r remote  problem EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

Counter

2 posters

5011r remote problem

tbolt

remote - 5011r remote  problem Empty 5011r remote problem

Post  tbolt Tue May 10, 2011 1:50 pm

Hello,

We use the opener on a steel roll up to secure a small store. It covers the front entry and windows from the inside.
    It has worked fine for over ten years but recently started loosing range from the remote
    that used to work from over 100'. It now requires several tries from as close as we can get.

I changed the batteries in the remotes and then changed the receiver. I suspect it could be a relay or something.

Thanks for any ideas,
    George
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

remote - 5011r remote  problem Empty Re: 5011r remote problem

Post  GDZone Wed May 11, 2011 10:08 am

Have you tried programming a new remote? Sometimes remotes just get worn out and need replaced......
    tbolt

Post  tbolt Wed May 11, 2011 10:48 am

Thank you for the reply,

Yes, I purchased two new remotes recently. The four we have work the same.

We just now opened the store and barely got the door to open. I'm not going to put it down again with nobody inside to open it manually. It would have to be cut open.
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

Post  GDZone Wed May 11, 2011 3:09 pm

First, I would recommend that you install a keyswitch (or have one installed) on the exterior jamb of the door so if the remotes don't work then you can still get in with the key.

As far as your receiver problem...it could be a number of things that is causing the problem (fluorescent lights can interfere with certain receivers). Any new lights, equipment or electronics installed in your store may be causing the problem. I would suggest moving the radio receiver....this may give you better reception. If that doesn't work then you may want to upgrade the radio equipment to a new frequency. I'm just guessing but your radio equipment is probably 390MHz frequency. Newer radio equipment works on 315MHz frequency. You may even consider long range radio equipment. Hope this helps.
    tbolt

Post  tbolt Wed May 11, 2011 4:58 pm

Here's a little more about the situation.

The range slowly deteriorated over the past five months. The range had been 100' or more for the eight years it's been in service. It started only on cold mornings (by Miami standards) by afternoon it would be normal. Nothing has been added as far as electronics or lighting since. Maybe something outside our store but that wouldn't cause the slow failure.

A curious thing happened after replacing the receiver and reprogramming the remotes.
    I tried it first in the store and then walked out to the street. It worked fine then but not when we were closing a few hours later.

Your suggestion of an exterior key switch is a good one and I thank you for taking the time to help.
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

Post  GDZone Wed May 11, 2011 5:35 pm

We run into radio problems every once in a while and it ends up that we have to do a lot of trial and error testing. Sometimes a radio may be working just fine and 6 months later it won't work more than 5' from the door. We had one situation where a customer's remote would not work if their vehicle was running...as soon as they turned the vehicle off the remote worked fine! For some reason the vehicle was putting out a frequency that was blocking the remote frequency....it took us a few trips to figure out.

My best advice would be to try all new radio equipment with a new frequency. Good luck........

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:39 am