Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» LED flashing on wall control, not in lock mode
GeniePRO stealth -- chip and transformer issue?!? EmptyYesterday at 9:01 am by Mkhoury

» How to edit your birthday on Facebook?
GeniePRO stealth -- chip and transformer issue?!? EmptyThu May 02, 2024 6:05 am by Allinsider

» Clinical Trials Poland
GeniePRO stealth -- chip and transformer issue?!? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 9:25 am by Altrio

» Is Impotence a Sign of an Underlying Health Condition?
GeniePRO stealth -- chip and transformer issue?!? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 3:12 am by ameliajames

» Old Genie BlueMax resistance adjustment sensor
GeniePRO stealth -- chip and transformer issue?!? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 9:19 pm by Bob52

» QR code menu
GeniePRO stealth -- chip and transformer issue?!? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:34 pm by lefeni

» KDE's great video edito
GeniePRO stealth -- chip and transformer issue?!? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:32 pm by lefeni

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
GeniePRO stealth -- chip and transformer issue?!? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:29 pm by lefeni

» How to Open Garage Door Manually from Inside and Outside
GeniePRO stealth -- chip and transformer issue?!? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 5:45 am by melanie

Counter

GeniePRO stealth -- chip and transformer issue?!?

doublenickel55

GeniePRO stealth -- chip and transformer issue?!? Empty GeniePRO stealth -- chip and transformer issue?!?

Post  doublenickel55 Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:18 am

Hello, new to the forum and hoping for some guidance!

I have a GeniePRO stealth that stopped working a few days ago. A couple of days prior to it no longer closing or opening the door the garage door opener would open the door just short of a complete open and intermittently not want to close without the door being reset to full open. That went on for 2-3 days before it stopped working completely. Now when I click the wall mounted remote the stealth will make an audible click like it is receiving signal but nothing will happen and the motor will not run. I took it apart and it appears I may have blown the chip (possibly surge related??). See picture attached. I also noticed the transformer had some sort of fluid dripping out of it and wasn't sure if this was related or a separate issue all together. 

Please see pictures of transformer and chip.

Garage opener model number: GPS1200IC GeniePro Stealth
    Transformer part number: A41-175-1515 (also has this number: 29058A)
    - manufacturer signal transformer co. 

Thank you in advanced for all the help!

Attachments
    GeniePRO stealth -- chip and transformer issue?!? Attachmentchipsize.jpg
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (37 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
    GeniePRO stealth -- chip and transformer issue?!? Attachmenttranssize2.jpg
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (36 Kb) Downloaded 3 times

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:21 am