Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
garage - Roll-up garage door won't open  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

» Craftsman Opener having issues
garage - Roll-up garage door won't open  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

» Sell My House Fast Phoenix
garage - Roll-up garage door won't open  EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 4:59 am by jonemartin

» MOTTIFY EU
garage - Roll-up garage door won't open  EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am by mottify

» Where is best place to buy torsion shafts locally?
garage - Roll-up garage door won't open  EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 am by Rob Ryan

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
garage - Roll-up garage door won't open  EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Garage door spring repair
garage - Roll-up garage door won't open  EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
garage - Roll-up garage door won't open  EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am by techzeel

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
garage - Roll-up garage door won't open  EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

Counter

2 posters

Roll-up garage door won't open

samardas

garage - Roll-up garage door won't open  Empty Roll-up garage door won't open

Post  samardas Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:59 pm

I have a 2 car roll-up garage door. It stopped opening or closing although the sensors seem to be working fine and the chain moves when using the wall switch or the remote. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a LOT!
    find me
    find me

garage - Roll-up garage door won't open  Empty Re: Roll-up garage door won't open

Post  find me Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:21 am

Pull down hard on your manual release rope that hangs from the motor then let go so it snaps back up(also try this while the motor is running). Sometimes it gets jammed & the motor stays stuck in manual mode(the motor runs, chain runs, but the door is not connected to the motor cause the lever gets stuck in a goofy position.) It’s possible a bolt came loose on the arm that engages/disengages the the door to the motor.

Could also be a loose clutch depending on the model, if you see a big nut with a cotter pin going through the threaded part to hold that nut on. & the nut is huge, somewhere in the realm of 3/4” nut, take that cotter pin off, tighten that nut up some(you are tightening the clutch) then put that cotter pin back on.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:14 pm