Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Clinical Trials Poland
Genie Model Professional Line 2028 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 9:25 am by Altrio

» Is Impotence a Sign of an Underlying Health Condition?
Genie Model Professional Line 2028 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 3:12 am by ameliajames

» Old Genie BlueMax resistance adjustment sensor
Genie Model Professional Line 2028 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 9:19 pm by Bob52

» QR code menu
Genie Model Professional Line 2028 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:34 pm by lefeni

» KDE's great video edito
Genie Model Professional Line 2028 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:32 pm by lefeni

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
Genie Model Professional Line 2028 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:29 pm by lefeni

» How to Open Garage Door Manually from Inside and Outside
Genie Model Professional Line 2028 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 5:45 am by melanie

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
Genie Model Professional Line 2028 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

» Craftsman Opener having issues
Genie Model Professional Line 2028 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

Counter

2 posters

Genie Model Professional Line 2028

TheRock

Genie Model Professional Line 2028 Empty Genie Model Professional Line 2028

Post  TheRock Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:53 pm

Good Afternoon,

We have a new home which has a Genie model 2028...One day all of a sudden garage door started not closing or opening all the way...This happened once before so I was able to go in and adjust the up and down limits, problem solved.

About a week ago it happened again, so I ordered a new circuit board...

The new board came in today...This time when I tried to adjust the up and down limits, I keep getting a steady purple indicator light, with the new board. Still not working. Have the same problem, steady purple light...

This happened about 30 minutes ago...First time I went into the program mode and was trying to adjust the up first...I was holding down the up arrow button and about halfway up the door stopped with my finger still pushing on the up arrow......Hmmm. I could hear a relay or something on the new board click....Did the same thing going in the down position, door stopped halfway down, not sure why...I released and pushed it again until it went all the way down, then made the minor adjustments, hit the Program button, light goes steady purple....Argh...!

Both up and down I get steady purple indicator lights...

Is there another component in this system which could be faulty? 

Thanks,

R Bell
    Perdido, FL
    find me
    find me

Genie Model Professional Line 2028 Empty Re: Genie Model Professional Line 2028

Post  find me Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:13 am

Honest truth, they are junk motors. Can be very frustrating when setting the force/stop limits, and they just don’t last a long time.

I say, unplug the motor from the wall, wait a minute or two, set your open/close limits, then set your force limit. If it messes up partially through the process.. unplug it, wait a minute or two, try again. If after a few failed attempts, you can try have someone assist the door as you are setting the open/close limits. (As in, have them help lift the door when setting the open limit, & also slightly pull the door on its way down when setting the close limit.) too much force from the other person can cause the opener to error out, & you unplug & repeat.

Those are just one of those motors that you have to feel out, I’ve programmed many. Seemingly impossible the first few times, then after awhile you realize they are just delicate pieces of junk. Here is a link to setting the open/close limits & the force limits.

https://geniecompany.com/data/products/programming-quick-reference.pdf

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:38 am