Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
Can't get two LiftMaster  (Model 8365w-267) openers to learn any remote  devices EmptyYesterday at 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

» Craftsman Opener having issues
Can't get two LiftMaster  (Model 8365w-267) openers to learn any remote  devices EmptyYesterday at 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

» Sell My House Fast Phoenix
Can't get two LiftMaster  (Model 8365w-267) openers to learn any remote  devices EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 4:59 am by jonemartin

» MOTTIFY EU
Can't get two LiftMaster  (Model 8365w-267) openers to learn any remote  devices EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am by mottify

» Where is best place to buy torsion shafts locally?
Can't get two LiftMaster  (Model 8365w-267) openers to learn any remote  devices EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 am by Rob Ryan

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
Can't get two LiftMaster  (Model 8365w-267) openers to learn any remote  devices EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Garage door spring repair
Can't get two LiftMaster  (Model 8365w-267) openers to learn any remote  devices EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
Can't get two LiftMaster  (Model 8365w-267) openers to learn any remote  devices EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am by techzeel

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
Can't get two LiftMaster  (Model 8365w-267) openers to learn any remote  devices EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

Counter

3 posters

Can't get two LiftMaster (Model 8365w-267) openers to learn any remote devices

Shootist

Can't get two LiftMaster  (Model 8365w-267) openers to learn any remote  devices Empty Can't get two LiftMaster (Model 8365w-267) openers to learn any remote devices

Post  Shootist Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:02 pm

Hi all,

I'm new here and joined to hopefully gain from  the knowledge and experience of those in this forum.

I recently purchased a set of 2 lightly used Liftmaster door openers and have installed one.  They didn't come with remotes so I purchased remote openers and remote keypads that are supposed to be compatible with this class of LiftMaster opener (has the yellow 'learn' button)  I installed the first one, setup MyQ  and It works as expected however; I can't get the learn feature to pick up on either a remote opener of remote keypad.  I followed the pairing instructions to the letter over and over using both the remotes and the remote keypad but...bupkis!! I can open and close the opener remotely using the MyQ app over the web from my smartphone but the learn function simply won't 'learn' any remote devices.  The yellow light just glows yellow....no lights blinking, no beeps!

Today I figured since I have two identical openers, I could swap out the logic board panel for the unit I still need to install. It was very simple to do.  I configured the 'new' logic board  for up and down travel, etc and connected to the internet with no issue.  I expected the learn function to work using the second board but, to my surprise, that didn't fix the problem.

At this point I'm stumped and a bit frustrated.  Any recommendations from the folks here would be greatly appreciated! drunken
    Oregonsbest

Can't get two LiftMaster  (Model 8365w-267) openers to learn any remote  devices Empty Re: Can't get two LiftMaster (Model 8365w-267) openers to learn any remote devices

Post  Oregonsbest Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:02 pm

You should have 893 or 893max remotes unless you bought the universal remote. Do you know the model number of the remote? Also If that has the digital wall station make sure its activated and vacation lock for remotes is off. To activate the wall station you press it 5 times after setting limits and the light on the button should stop blinking and go solid.

Shootist likes this post

Oregonsbest

Can't get two LiftMaster  (Model 8365w-267) openers to learn any remote  devices Empty Re: Can't get two LiftMaster (Model 8365w-267) openers to learn any remote devices

Post  Oregonsbest Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:06 pm

LED light bulbs will also interfere with remote signal so make sure your using regular bulbs in the opener.

Shootist likes this post

Shootist

Post  Shootist Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:49 am

Oregonsbest wrote:You should have 893 or 893max remotes unless you bought the universal remote. Do you know the model number of the remote? Also If that has the digital wall station make sure its activated and vacation lock for remotes is off. To activate the wall station you press it 5 times after setting limits and the light on the button should stop blinking and go solid.
    Thanks for the excellent input.  That was exactly my problem in that I think I had the wrong devices/pairing information  The universal key chain remotes and the keypad I had initially bought simply wouldn't work.  I sent them back for a refund, consulted the owners manual and purchased new Chamberlain devices specifically made for these openers.  I scored two brand new remotes on eBay from a guy who had the same exact model door opener and didn't the remotes that came with it.  After doing more research I bought a Chamberlain branded keypad which also came with the correct pairing instructions.  I believe the instructions that came with the first keypad were incorrect, which be have been the cause of them not working.  All the new Chamberlain devices I have now paired without any issue.

I currently have 4 led bulbs in the two openers and they don't affect performance now that I have the correct remotes.

The moral of the story is that sometimes the cost of saving a bucks isn't always worth the effort.

Again, thanks so much for the input.
    marysol

Post  marysol Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:38 pm

I installed the first one, setup MyQ  and It works as white background remover expected however; I can't get the learn feature to pick up

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:40 am