Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
New Door/Opener Install - Problem with interference EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

» Craftsman Opener having issues
New Door/Opener Install - Problem with interference EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

» Sell My House Fast Phoenix
New Door/Opener Install - Problem with interference EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 4:59 am by jonemartin

» MOTTIFY EU
New Door/Opener Install - Problem with interference EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am by mottify

» Where is best place to buy torsion shafts locally?
New Door/Opener Install - Problem with interference EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 am by Rob Ryan

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
New Door/Opener Install - Problem with interference EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Garage door spring repair
New Door/Opener Install - Problem with interference EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
New Door/Opener Install - Problem with interference EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am by techzeel

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
New Door/Opener Install - Problem with interference EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

Counter

3 posters

New Door/Opener Install - Problem with interference

Zorba68

New Door/Opener Install - Problem with interference Empty New Door/Opener Install - Problem with interference

Post  Zorba68 Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:20 pm

Installed a new Wayne Dalton Model 9100 8x7 door (first time). Also, Genie belt drive opener. Door has low headroom due to bulkhead so using Super Sneakys to offset that issue. 
    When I try to close the door, the top panel hits the opener boom as it just begins to down turn. 

When I look on line at various install videos with low headroom that use the Super Sneakys they seem to use a straight opener arm rather than the typical "hockey stick" looking deal. In these videos the Sneaky's stay in the closed position until the door is almost vertical then they get pushed open - so the panel doesn't pivot way up before going down. 

Something I'm missing in positioning the opener arm or it's shape is my guess!

Picture should show my problem.

Any ideas would be appreciated.  I'm a bit nervous to try something "new" - afraid I'll damage the top panel.
    Attachments
    New Door/Opener Install - Problem with interference AttachmentSmall File.jpg
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (38 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
    New Door/Opener Install - Problem with interference AttachmentSml File 2.jpg
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (35 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
    kalece9222

New Door/Opener Install - Problem with interference Empty Gt20ge221

Post  kalece9222 Mon May 22, 2023 8:05 am

Gt20ge221 represents a monumental leap forward in the realm of technological advancements. its unparalleled performance, seamless
    julianbrown745

New Door/Opener Install - Problem with interference Empty Re: New Door/Opener Install - Problem with interference

Post  julianbrown745 Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:13 am

Zorba68 wrote:Installed a new Wayne Dalton Model 9100 8x7 door (first time). Also, Genie belt drive opener. Door has low headroom due to bulkhead so using Super Sneakys to offset that issue. 
    When I try to close the door, the top panel hits the opener boom as it just begins to down turn. 

When I look on line at various install videos with low headroom that use the Super Sneakys they seem to use a straight opener arm rather than the typical "hockey stick" looking deal. In these videos the Sneaky's stay in the closed position until the door is almost vertical then they get pushed open - so the panel doesn't pivot way up before going down. 

Something I'm missing in positioning the opener arm or it's shape is my guess!

Picture should show my problem.

Any ideas would be appreciated.  I'm a bit nervous to try something "new" - afraid I'll damage the top panel.
    When you are in the process of installing a new garage door, it is important to consider the architectural style and design of your home, especially the exterior elements. Although there are various materials available for garage doors, ranging from aluminium to different types of composite wood, steel is widely regarded as the most dependable and popular choice for door material.

Sponsored content

New Door/Opener Install - Problem with interference Empty Re: New Door/Opener Install - Problem with interference

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:12 am