Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Any 2 button WIRED wall mounted door opener consoles out there?
LiftMaster Commercial dual hardwire contols EmptyWed May 15, 2024 11:59 am by rukiddin38@yahoo.com

» Garage door closes halfway and goes back up.
LiftMaster Commercial dual hardwire contols EmptyWed May 15, 2024 10:48 am by cr-garagedoor

» Door Comes Down About Two Inches And Stops
LiftMaster Commercial dual hardwire contols EmptyWed May 15, 2024 5:54 am by chekumen

» My garage door opens and closes by itself but seldomly.
LiftMaster Commercial dual hardwire contols EmptyWed May 15, 2024 5:53 am by chekumen

» Garage door springs dianosis
LiftMaster Commercial dual hardwire contols EmptyWed May 15, 2024 5:52 am by chekumen

» Garage Door not opening - LiftMaster
LiftMaster Commercial dual hardwire contols EmptyWed May 15, 2024 5:51 am by chekumen

» Garage Door Repair Everett
LiftMaster Commercial dual hardwire contols EmptyWed May 15, 2024 5:50 am by chekumen

» Garage Door Repair - Connections and Opener
LiftMaster Commercial dual hardwire contols EmptyWed May 15, 2024 5:49 am by chekumen

» Garage Door Repair Whitby
LiftMaster Commercial dual hardwire contols EmptyWed May 15, 2024 5:44 am by chekumen

Counter

LiftMaster Commercial dual hardwire contols

Greybeard

LiftMaster Commercial dual hardwire contols Empty LiftMaster Commercial dual hardwire contols

Post  Greybeard Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:15 am

I just installed a liftmaster commercial (medium duty).  I got a 3 button wall controller with it. Wiring was as follows.  Up = Green, Down = Blue, Stop = Red and a neutral = White.  Everything works as it should.  Now I came along afterwards and wanted to duplicate the function with and identical PB-3 wall controller about 70' away.  I wired it identically to the original.  I wired it in parallel with the original wiring (they are both wired directly to the head.)  

It also works as expected with one exception: When I wire the second red (stop) button, then neither of the stop buttons work.  

When I disconnect the second red (stop) wire both the open buttons and both the close buttons work as does the original stop button.

I tried replacing the original wall controller with the new one and it works just as did the original so I don't think it is the wall controller.

I tried replacing the red circuit wiring with another circuit in the same sheath and came up with the same results.

For now I have the original working with all three buttons working as expected and the second wall controller partially working (open and close buttons working with the stop button disconnected)

Additional Info:  I experimented with it and found that either stop button would work if the other one was disconnected.  

I suppose that it is obvious that I am confused about how to get the second stop button working.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thank You for taking the time to read this.  Kind Regards.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:06 am