Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Unlocking Essay Writing Potential with Professional Services
light - M4700E operator light coming on and going off every 65 seconds EmptyToday at 3:19 pm by AinsleePickle

» Changing Batteries in Keypad
light - M4700E operator light coming on and going off every 65 seconds EmptyToday at 8:51 am by jonemartin

» How to fix common issues with changing views on Outlook?
light - M4700E operator light coming on and going off every 65 seconds EmptyYesterday at 5:59 am by emailbuzz

» LED flashing on wall control, not in lock mode
light - M4700E operator light coming on and going off every 65 seconds EmptyMon May 06, 2024 9:01 am by Mkhoury

» How to edit your birthday on Facebook?
light - M4700E operator light coming on and going off every 65 seconds EmptyThu May 02, 2024 6:05 am by Allinsider

» Clinical Trials Poland
light - M4700E operator light coming on and going off every 65 seconds EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 9:25 am by Altrio

» Is Impotence a Sign of an Underlying Health Condition?
light - M4700E operator light coming on and going off every 65 seconds EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 3:12 am by ameliajames

» Old Genie BlueMax resistance adjustment sensor
light - M4700E operator light coming on and going off every 65 seconds EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 9:19 pm by Bob52

» QR code menu
light - M4700E operator light coming on and going off every 65 seconds EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:34 pm by lefeni

Counter

2 posters

M4700E operator light coming on and going off every 65 seconds

btinnc

light - M4700E operator light coming on and going off every 65 seconds Empty M4700E operator light coming on and going off every 65 seconds

Post  btinnc Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:55 am

I bought a house a week ago. This problem may have been there already but I just noticed it after I had ADT install a remote garage door opener.

The two light bulbs (I think they are called operator lights) on the outside of the opener are coming on and going off every ~65 seconds, all day long.
    So they come on, stay on for 65 seconds, go off for 65 seconds, then come back on for another 65 seconds, etc etc....all day.
    I have disconnected the ADT opener, the wall button, the antenna wire, the optical sensors, pulled the power for hours, and just about anything else I can think of, but the lights keep cycling.
    When I look at the status lights on the opener, I only see two on to indicate it has power and the garage door is closed. They are solid and not blinking.

The garage door functions find with the remote transmitters, the wall button and with the ADT opener, I just cant get the lights to stop cycling on and off.

Does anyone have any ideas on where to start troubleshooting this?

Thank you,
    Brian
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

light - M4700E operator light coming on and going off every 65 seconds Empty Re: M4700E operator light coming on and going off every 65 seconds

Post  GDZone Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:03 am

That's strange for sure. Since everything is controlled through the logic board there could be an issue with a loose circuit on the board. Best to have a Marantec dealer look at it. It may need a new logic board.

btinnc

light - M4700E operator light coming on and going off every 65 seconds Empty Re: M4700E operator light coming on and going off every 65 seconds

Post  btinnc Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:12 am

I spoke to Marantec to see if there were any settings which could cause this. They said no and suspected the logic board.
    They sent me a document to walk through doing a full reset which I did. I then reset the up/down limits on the door, reprogrammed the transmitters and waited. The problem keeps occurring. I opened the cover and can see the relay on the power board clicking off/on every minute.
    Would you still say that this is the logic board causing this or a power issue?
    I don't want to buy a $100 logic board just to see if that fixes it, and then end up needing to buy the power board as well.

I called the installer who put the opener in 5 years ago and all they want to do is sell me a new non-Marantec opener.

Thanks,
    Brian
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

Post  GDZone Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:37 am

Like I said it's strange. I never heard of an opener doing that so my first thought is that it's a logic board issue. It's just a guess though. It's hard to diagnose without seeing it. Sometimes repairing an opener requires a little trial and error and I know buying a new logic board is a big ask but that's what I'm leaning towards. If you can find a retailer that accepts returns for logic boards that would be ideal but most don't. You would know right away if it was a board issue or not by replacing it.

Hope you can figure it out. Let us know what you decide to do and how it works out. Good luck.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:29 pm