Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
Craftsman remote won't close the garage door. EmptyYesterday at 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

» Craftsman Opener having issues
Craftsman remote won't close the garage door. EmptyYesterday at 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

» Sell My House Fast Phoenix
Craftsman remote won't close the garage door. EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 4:59 am by jonemartin

» MOTTIFY EU
Craftsman remote won't close the garage door. EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am by mottify

» Where is best place to buy torsion shafts locally?
Craftsman remote won't close the garage door. EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 am by Rob Ryan

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
Craftsman remote won't close the garage door. EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Garage door spring repair
Craftsman remote won't close the garage door. EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
Craftsman remote won't close the garage door. EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am by techzeel

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
Craftsman remote won't close the garage door. EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

Counter

3 posters

Craftsman remote won't close the garage door.

wasben

Craftsman remote won't close the garage door. Empty Craftsman remote won't close the garage door.

Post  wasben Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:45 pm

I have a pair of Craftsman garage door openers, models 139.53978SRT & 139.53962SRT.  The first one works fine, but the 2nd is giving me trouble that I can't figure out.

I have 3 remotes - 1 in my car, one, in wifie's car and the 3rd mounted on the wall by the back door since the garage is detached.  And I have a wired control panel for each garage door opener in the garage.  All 3 remotes open and close the 'good' garage door as expected.  All 3 remotes open the 'bad' door as expected.  The wired controllers for each door opens and closes them as expected.  Both doors have safety sensors and they work normally on each door.  

Everything works as expected EXCEPT the wireless remotes won't close one of the doors.

I've changed the batteries.  I've tested the remote only one foot away from the antenna.

Has anyone else had or seen a similar situation?  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

Craftsman remote won't close the garage door. Empty Re: Craftsman remote won't close the garage door.

Post  GDZone Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:16 pm

Does the "bad" operator have a low energy CFL light bulb in it? When not working properly these types of bulbs can cause interference with the operator radio receivers.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Craftsman remote won't close the garage door. Empty Re: Craftsman remote won't close the garage door.

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:08 pm