Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
Chain going in opposite direction EmptyToday at 7:13 am by Koby_BEZ

» Sell My House Fast Phoenix
Chain going in opposite direction EmptyYesterday at 4:59 am by jonemartin

» MOTTIFY EU
Chain going in opposite direction EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am by mottify

» Where is best place to buy torsion shafts locally?
Chain going in opposite direction EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 am by Rob Ryan

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
Chain going in opposite direction EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Garage door spring repair
Chain going in opposite direction EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
Chain going in opposite direction EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am by techzeel

» Craftsman Opener having issues
Chain going in opposite direction EmptyThu Apr 18, 2024 10:04 am by jonemartin

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
Chain going in opposite direction EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

Counter

3 posters

Chain going in opposite direction

filterabc

Chain going in opposite direction Empty Chain going in opposite direction

Post  filterabc Wed May 22, 2019 5:52 pm

I replaced the gear and sprocket kit on my chamberlain garage door opener recently. (See https://www.chamberlain.com/chain-drive-gear-and-sprocket-kit/p/041C4220A). After replacement, the chain seems to be going in the opposite direction for some reason and I can't figure out how to fix it. I didn't change the chain or anything, just changed the gear and sprocket and put a new one exactly like the old one (or at least I think I did). But now when I press the garage door opener (with the door closed), the chain seems to go as if it is closing the door. Therefore, I'm not able to get it to open. I'm totally lost. Please help. Thanks.
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

Chain going in opposite direction Empty Re: Chain going in opposite direction

Post  GDZone Wed May 22, 2019 8:46 pm

Did you reinstall the opener trolley backwards? Stand underneath the garage door operator and face your garage door. Look at the trolley and you should see the threaded bolt that connects the chain should be on the left side of the trolley. If it's on the right side then it's backwards and needs reinstalled. Just look in the operator manual and follow the steps for installing the opener rail to the powerhead.

filterabc

Post  filterabc Sun May 26, 2019 1:37 pm

Thank you for the response. Actually, I didn't reinstall the trolley. (And the threaded side is indeed on the left.) I only installed the gear and sprocket...and I can't imagine how that could have resulted in the chain going in the opposite direction. Please see attached video and let me know if you have any suggestions on what may be going wrong.
    Attachments
    Chain going in opposite direction Attachmentmedia.io_IMG_1378 (1).mp4
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (381 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
    Rivalriver

Post  Rivalriver Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:44 pm

Im gonna suggest that you pull the cover and manually reset the limits. They are probably are on the open contact when the door is closed.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:25 am