Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» How to fix common issues with changing views on Outlook?
Lightning strike or power surge and dead - revival success PCB 14LG424B  EmptyYesterday at 5:59 am by emailbuzz

» LED flashing on wall control, not in lock mode
Lightning strike or power surge and dead - revival success PCB 14LG424B  EmptyMon May 06, 2024 9:01 am by Mkhoury

» How to edit your birthday on Facebook?
Lightning strike or power surge and dead - revival success PCB 14LG424B  EmptyThu May 02, 2024 6:05 am by Allinsider

» Clinical Trials Poland
Lightning strike or power surge and dead - revival success PCB 14LG424B  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 9:25 am by Altrio

» Is Impotence a Sign of an Underlying Health Condition?
Lightning strike or power surge and dead - revival success PCB 14LG424B  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 3:12 am by ameliajames

» Old Genie BlueMax resistance adjustment sensor
Lightning strike or power surge and dead - revival success PCB 14LG424B  EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 9:19 pm by Bob52

» QR code menu
Lightning strike or power surge and dead - revival success PCB 14LG424B  EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:34 pm by lefeni

» KDE's great video edito
Lightning strike or power surge and dead - revival success PCB 14LG424B  EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:32 pm by lefeni

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
Lightning strike or power surge and dead - revival success PCB 14LG424B  EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:29 pm by lefeni

Counter

Lightning strike or power surge and dead - revival success PCB 14LG424B

tester272001

Lightning strike or power surge and dead - revival success PCB 14LG424B  Empty Lightning strike or power surge and dead - revival success PCB 14LG424B

Post  tester272001 Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:35 am

After a significant lightning strike and damage to several electronics devices I discovered my Screw drive Craftsman went belly up. The door went up by itself during the storm and had to be closed manually.   After diagnosing the board I found a couple blown transistors, Schottky diode 1n4001 or similar and one Zener diode 6.2V 1Watt D10 on this board.  Symptom was no power to the sensors and both the remote and the wall panel did noting other then turn the light on or off!    I tested all the diodes first and found two needed to be replaced for the main relays.  You have to take a leg off the board since these diodes are in parallel to the relay COIL.  I then noticed the driver transistors on the bottom of the PCB that feed the relay were blown, literally cracked.  These were 1H SOT23 devices.    If you are handy with a soldering iron you can likely fix your board.  See attached pics.  I had to crop them and make them horrible resolution to upload due to limitations on this forum.
    Attachments
    Lightning strike or power surge and dead - revival success PCB 14LG424B  AttachmentPCB_reverse1.jpg
    Transistors side of the board yellow box shows the 1H SOT23 to replace if relays are not working
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (32 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
    Lightning strike or power surge and dead - revival success PCB 14LG424B  Attachmentpcb_front1.jpg
    Shows Diodes to test or replace if shorted or open and relays not working
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (32 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:49 am