Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
Craftsman 139.53990D - how do I find a new remote? EmptyYesterday at 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

» Craftsman Opener having issues
Craftsman 139.53990D - how do I find a new remote? EmptyYesterday at 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

» Sell My House Fast Phoenix
Craftsman 139.53990D - how do I find a new remote? EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 4:59 am by jonemartin

» MOTTIFY EU
Craftsman 139.53990D - how do I find a new remote? EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am by mottify

» Where is best place to buy torsion shafts locally?
Craftsman 139.53990D - how do I find a new remote? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 am by Rob Ryan

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
Craftsman 139.53990D - how do I find a new remote? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Garage door spring repair
Craftsman 139.53990D - how do I find a new remote? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
Craftsman 139.53990D - how do I find a new remote? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am by techzeel

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
Craftsman 139.53990D - how do I find a new remote? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

Counter

3 posters

Craftsman 139.53990D - how do I find a new remote?

omnitech

Craftsman 139.53990D - how do I find a new remote? Empty Craftsman 139.53990D - how do I find a new remote?

Post  omnitech Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:45 pm

I have a Craftsman 139.53990D (3/4hp?) opener on my double door and a smaller one (1/2hp?) on the single door (I haven't checked the model number, it's a bit hard to get to). 
    Several years ago, the remotes for both units stopped working, but the keypads so still work. I tried all the different ways to reprogram, etc, could never get them to work. We lived with it, because, well, we could never fit a car in the garage anyway, too much junk.

Now I've got a car that we park inside, and it has Homelink buttons, which my wife would love to have available! 
    It seems to need a working remote to program off of, which I don't have, so I started looking around for a couple replacement remotes that hopefully might work. There are tons listed on Amazon, in all the different "learn button" colors; but not seem to match up with my model number. The learn button is a pale (perhaps faded) orange-red, but the manufacture date is in 2008, which in some of my research didn't make sense. There was a suggestion that the red-orange model was only made until 2005.

The original non-working remotes are buried in a box somewhere in the (120+ degree) garage, I'd be more than happy to just buy a couple replacements. But I can't for the life of me figure out which ones are right to purchase. (I assume both units are the same frequency since I purchased and installed them at the same time.)

I also assume there is nothing wrong with the actual GDO; it operates completely fine from the remote keypad or the wired button. It was rather weird that both units started acting up at the same time.

Any ideas? I'm normally pretty good with engineering challenges but this has me stumped.

TIA 

PS I also purchased a "myQ Chamberlain Smart Garage Control" so I "should" be able to operate it via smartphone if that will connect to the GDO; but I haven't tried that yet. Any tips on that would also be appreciated, although it looks pretty simple.
    delweis

Craftsman 139.53990D - how do I find a new remote? Empty Remotes for Craftsman GDO

Post  delweis Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:26 am

Normal causes of GDO remotes failing to activate the GDO are usually due to low batteries or power surges erasing the learned remotes at the Operator. However, since yours are buried somewhere in a sweltering garage, LiftMaster 893MAX or 890MAX remotes work with all LiftMaster, Chamberlain or Craftsman (Manufactured by the Chamberlain Group) Garage Door Operators manufactured since 1993.

Make sure you purchase genuine remotes, not knock-off Chinese copies and follow the instructions that come with them exactly... and when you set up the HomeLink follow the instructions in your vehicles' Owners Manual exactly.

Good luck
    Del's Carpentry, LLC
    LiftMaster Dealer  #119876

omnitech likes this post

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Craftsman 139.53990D - how do I find a new remote? Empty Re: Craftsman 139.53990D - how do I find a new remote?

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:45 pm