Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
Craftsman Motor and Its Remote EmptyYesterday at 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

» Craftsman Opener having issues
Craftsman Motor and Its Remote EmptyYesterday at 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

» Sell My House Fast Phoenix
Craftsman Motor and Its Remote EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 4:59 am by jonemartin

» MOTTIFY EU
Craftsman Motor and Its Remote EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am by mottify

» Where is best place to buy torsion shafts locally?
Craftsman Motor and Its Remote EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 am by Rob Ryan

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
Craftsman Motor and Its Remote EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Garage door spring repair
Craftsman Motor and Its Remote EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
Craftsman Motor and Its Remote EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am by techzeel

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
Craftsman Motor and Its Remote EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

Counter

2 posters

Craftsman Motor and Its Remote

who4ever

Craftsman Motor and Its Remote Empty Craftsman Motor and Its Remote

Post  who4ever Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:16 pm

Weirdest thing started going on.  I have a Craftsman 139.53910D trolley style opener.  Worked like a charm for a million years.  Still does, but only if I use the outside key/lock or inside button on the wall. Had a 2017 Maxima and its Home Link unit picked up the code immediately and worked perfectly for years.  I just traded it in for a 2018 Maxima.  Home Link was just not picking it up well.  Sometimes the Home Link closed the door when I left but didn't open it when I came home.  Sometimes vise versa. So I just started using the remote instead and got the same results.  I have two garage doors and the remotes both open and close the other door correctly.  Tried every combination of door vs. remote.  Tried twisting additional wire onto the antenna to no avail.  Then one day, I was walking around the inside of the garage with the remote pressing it from different spots in the garage and, quite by accident, the remote works perfectly ONLY WHEN I ACTUALLY TOUCH THE REMOTE TO THE END OF THE ANTENNA WIRE.  It has to be the end, not anywhere in the middle.  And the car's Home Link has been a lost cause for weeks.  Anyone with an idea of what's going on and if/how I can get both the remote and the car's Home Link to work properly again?  Thanks in advance.
    Dave
    royalegaragedoors

Craftsman Motor and Its Remote Empty Re: Craftsman Motor and Its Remote

Post  royalegaragedoors Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:16 am

It's definitely strange that your Craftsman garage door opener only works when you touch the remote to the antenna wire or vice versa.

Possible Causes: 

The contact between the remote's transmitter and the opener's receiver might be weak due to:
    Degrading antenna: The antenna wire on the opener or remote might be damaged or corroded, reducing its signal strength.
    Interference: Radio frequency interference from other devices like nearby routers or electronics could be disrupting the signal.
    Faulty component: Internal components in the remote or opener, like the transmitter or receiver, might be malfunctioning.
    Homelink issue: Your car's Homelink system might be malfunctioning or not properly programmed for your opener.

You can check the antenna, try moving the opener and remote away from potential sources of interference like routers, TVs, or other electronic devices, replace the battery with a fresh one, and reset the opener. If none of these suggestions work, it's advisable to contact a qualified garage door technician.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:10 pm