Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» How to edit your birthday on Facebook?
Newbie: Garage door roller/track question EmptyToday at 6:05 am by Allinsider

» Clinical Trials Poland
Newbie: Garage door roller/track question EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 9:25 am by Altrio

» Is Impotence a Sign of an Underlying Health Condition?
Newbie: Garage door roller/track question EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 3:12 am by ameliajames

» Old Genie BlueMax resistance adjustment sensor
Newbie: Garage door roller/track question EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 9:19 pm by Bob52

» QR code menu
Newbie: Garage door roller/track question EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:34 pm by lefeni

» KDE's great video edito
Newbie: Garage door roller/track question EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:32 pm by lefeni

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
Newbie: Garage door roller/track question EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:29 pm by lefeni

» How to Open Garage Door Manually from Inside and Outside
Newbie: Garage door roller/track question EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 5:45 am by melanie

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
Newbie: Garage door roller/track question EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

Counter

Newbie: Garage door roller/track question

brookline

Newbie: Garage door roller/track question Empty Newbie: Garage door roller/track question

Post  brookline Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:10 pm

Hi,
    We just bought our home and I am slowly fixing things as I see. I have no experience with garage door/track and so I came here to seek expert help. Please ask questions and I will try to answer as soon as I can.

The garage door opener does work but the door pretty jerky to open. I am trying to see if I can replace the garage rollers to make it smoother. 

The first thing I saw is that the garage door rollers (0.5 inch thick wheel, Standard 4 5/8 inch stem, 0.5 inch shoulder, 2 inch roller, Dura-Lift nylon roller) I bought off Amazon are bigger compared to what is currently installed (0.39 inch thick wheel, Standard 3.91 inch stem, 0.39 inch shoulder, 2 inch roller). The current one is thinner, smaller and the shoulder is shorter than the Dura-lift one.

While the nylon one fits, this has created some sticking especially at the joint. I have only replaced the second and third roller on one side of the door. I feel it might be the screws.However, the third roller on #2 hinge sticks while the second roller on #1 hinge does not stick.

I see there is some misalignment of the track, however, the sticking happens even before the wheel hits the misalignment. 

Should I just replace with the original smaller roller and call it a day? I cannot find nylon versions of the smaller size.

Newbie: Garage door roller/track question Pxl_2014
     Newbie: Garage door roller/track question Pxl_2013

Newbie: Garage door roller/track question Pxl_2010

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:34 am