Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
Marantec M4500e will not close EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

» Craftsman Opener having issues
Marantec M4500e will not close EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

» Sell My House Fast Phoenix
Marantec M4500e will not close EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 4:59 am by jonemartin

» MOTTIFY EU
Marantec M4500e will not close EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am by mottify

» Where is best place to buy torsion shafts locally?
Marantec M4500e will not close EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 am by Rob Ryan

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
Marantec M4500e will not close EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Garage door spring repair
Marantec M4500e will not close EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
Marantec M4500e will not close EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am by techzeel

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
Marantec M4500e will not close EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

Counter

2 posters

Marantec M4500e will not close

Laker64

Marantec M4500e will not close Empty Marantec M4500e will not close

Post  Laker64 Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:26 pm

Hey folks,

I have a M4500e that will not close. It starts the close process but comes back up.

Troubleshooting thus far

• Confirmed sensors look good (sensor is solid red, receiver is solid green). Also holding down on the close garage door button on the wall to override the sensors has no impact - the door still does not close.
    • Programmed new travel settings (for both open and close)
    • I've increased the force adjustment (all the way up to 8 - makes no difference, if anything it seems worse)
    • From what I can tell the spring looks just fine - it looks like a normal spring.

Additional Thoughts
    • What seems odd to me is that when making the travel adjustment the garage has no problem closing all the way.
    • Likewise, if the problem were with the wheels or with the track I would think this problem would exhibit itself when programming the travel limits

I'm not sure what my next troubleshooting step would be.

TIA!
    marysv

Marantec M4500e will not close Empty Check the safety sensors

Post  marysv Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:42 am

If your M4500e garage door opener is not closing, here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

Check the safety sensors: Make sure the safety sensors are properly aligned and free from any obstructions. Clean the lenses if necessary.

Inspect the door tracks: Ensure that the door tracks are clear of any debris or obstructions that could be preventing the door from closing. you can check los angeles office moving companies.

Test the remote control: Check if the remote control is functioning properly. Replace the batteries if needed or try using a different remote control.

Adjust the close force setting: If the door starts to close but then reverses, you may need to adjust the close force setting. Consult your opener's manual for instructions on how to adjust the force settings.

Reset the opener: Try resetting the opener by unplugging it from the power source for a few minutes, then plugging it back in.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it is recommended to contact a professional garage door technician for further assistance. They will have the expertise to diagnose and fix the problem with your M4500e opener.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:13 am