Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
Craftsman opener-ive tried everything I know of. EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

» Craftsman Opener having issues
Craftsman opener-ive tried everything I know of. EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

» Sell My House Fast Phoenix
Craftsman opener-ive tried everything I know of. EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 4:59 am by jonemartin

» MOTTIFY EU
Craftsman opener-ive tried everything I know of. EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am by mottify

» Where is best place to buy torsion shafts locally?
Craftsman opener-ive tried everything I know of. EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 am by Rob Ryan

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
Craftsman opener-ive tried everything I know of. EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Garage door spring repair
Craftsman opener-ive tried everything I know of. EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
Craftsman opener-ive tried everything I know of. EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am by techzeel

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
Craftsman opener-ive tried everything I know of. EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

Counter

2 posters

Craftsman opener-ive tried everything I know of.

DustinL

Craftsman opener-ive tried everything I know of. Empty Craftsman opener-ive tried everything I know of.

Post  DustinL Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:12 pm

Hey, so my Mother-in-law's opener will go up, but the sensors are good. It goes up too far really.  It hits the bolt stop. Then continues to try and go up then stops. After trying to hit the button on the wall again it tries to continue up for about a second then stops. It makes no attempt at going down. I have replaced the board and capacitor and still the same. What should I look at?  I dont see any limit switches.
    Thanks in advance.
    marysv

Craftsman opener-ive tried everything I know of. Empty it seems like you have already tried some troubleshooting

Post  marysv Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:34 am

it seems like you have already tried some troubleshooting steps. Here are a few additional things you can check:

Check the safety sensors: Ensure that the safety sensors are properly aligned and free from any obstructions. Clean the lenses if necessary.

Inspect the door tracks: Make sure the five points movers, such usdoor tracks are clear of any debris or obstructions that could be causing the door to stop.

Test the limit settings: Adjust the open and close limit settings on the opener. Consult your opener's manual for instructions on how to do this.

Check the force settings: Adjust the force settings on the opener to ensure they are properly calibrated. This can help prevent the opener from stopping prematurely.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:02 am