Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Clinical Trials Poland
Sliding barn door is really tough to open EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 9:25 am by Altrio

» Is Impotence a Sign of an Underlying Health Condition?
Sliding barn door is really tough to open EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 3:12 am by ameliajames

» Old Genie BlueMax resistance adjustment sensor
Sliding barn door is really tough to open EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 9:19 pm by Bob52

» QR code menu
Sliding barn door is really tough to open EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:34 pm by lefeni

» KDE's great video edito
Sliding barn door is really tough to open EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:32 pm by lefeni

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
Sliding barn door is really tough to open EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:29 pm by lefeni

» How to Open Garage Door Manually from Inside and Outside
Sliding barn door is really tough to open EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 5:45 am by melanie

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
Sliding barn door is really tough to open EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

» Craftsman Opener having issues
Sliding barn door is really tough to open EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

Counter

Sliding barn door is really tough to open

PartTimer
    PartTimer

Sliding barn door is really tough to open Empty Sliding barn door is really tough to open

Post  PartTimer Sat May 02, 2020 7:04 pm

Hi everyone.
    I've got an amateur problem.  I have a pretty big (approx. 15' X 15') and really heavy sliding door on my barn.  The darn thing is just so stiff on its rollers and I'm killing myself opening it.
    I had to have the track repaired a few years back and the guys who came out lubed it up so I could open it with one hand again.  But since then it's just gotten more and more stiff.  I'm afraid something will jam up and break.
    But I can't for the life of me figure out how to get lube up onto the axles of the rollers.  A can of spray lube and nozzle from the outside doesn't seem to want to reach the right spot.  And I've tried to slide a can into the track  from the end and aim the straw from the nozzle at them but it keeps popping out of the nozzle.
    I anyone has any tricks or knows what kind of special equipment I need to get at them, please let me know.
    Thanks

I'm posting a couple of stock photos of the stuff I'm working with.
    Attachments
    Sliding barn door is really tough to open Attachmentdoor track.jpg
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (9 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
    Sliding barn door is really tough to open Attachmentbarn door rollers.jpg
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (6 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:59 am