Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Clinical Trials Poland
Troubleshooting after Lightning Strike EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 9:25 am by Altrio

» Is Impotence a Sign of an Underlying Health Condition?
Troubleshooting after Lightning Strike EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 3:12 am by ameliajames

» Old Genie BlueMax resistance adjustment sensor
Troubleshooting after Lightning Strike EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 9:19 pm by Bob52

» QR code menu
Troubleshooting after Lightning Strike EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:34 pm by lefeni

» KDE's great video edito
Troubleshooting after Lightning Strike EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:32 pm by lefeni

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
Troubleshooting after Lightning Strike EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:29 pm by lefeni

» How to Open Garage Door Manually from Inside and Outside
Troubleshooting after Lightning Strike EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 5:45 am by melanie

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
Troubleshooting after Lightning Strike EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

» Craftsman Opener having issues
Troubleshooting after Lightning Strike EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

Counter

Troubleshooting after Lightning Strike

joeg

Troubleshooting after Lightning Strike Empty Troubleshooting after Lightning Strike

Post  joeg Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:59 pm

Craftsman 139.53964SRT – Post Lightning Strike Troubleshooting

Symptoms:

After lightning strike, the garage door opened (opener button on the wall), the light bulbs at the opener were burning, the lights in the sensors were off, and the opener blinked an error when attempting to close the garage door.

Attempted Fixes:

I replaced the sensors ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06ZYDH4WK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ), re-using the wires that were in place. I have one white strand going from 2 to the sensor with the yellow light and one red/black going from 3 to that sensor. I was careful not to reverse them. From there, wires continue to the green light sensor. The sensor lights remained off – my understanding is that the yellow should be lit.

I bypassed the wires by wiring the sensor with the yellow light directly to 2 and 3 on the opener. The sensor light remained off.

I tried to establish whether the circuit board seems OK by trying to bypass the sensors temporarily by either putting no wires in 3 and only the white wire for the opener button on the wall in 2, as well as by running a wire from 2 to 3. The opener didn’t fall for that and continued to give me an error.

Question:

My next step would be to attempt to replace the circuit board. I think I can do that myself while I’m skeptical I could install an entirely new opener. Given the symptoms and attempted fixes I described, does it make sense that the problem could be with the circuit board – even though most operations appear to work as they should?

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:04 am