Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» LED flashing on wall control, not in lock mode
Keypad and Remote wont work together EmptyToday at 9:01 am by Mkhoury

» How to edit your birthday on Facebook?
Keypad and Remote wont work together EmptyThu May 02, 2024 6:05 am by Allinsider

» Clinical Trials Poland
Keypad and Remote wont work together EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 9:25 am by Altrio

» Is Impotence a Sign of an Underlying Health Condition?
Keypad and Remote wont work together EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 3:12 am by ameliajames

» Old Genie BlueMax resistance adjustment sensor
Keypad and Remote wont work together EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 9:19 pm by Bob52

» QR code menu
Keypad and Remote wont work together EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:34 pm by lefeni

» KDE's great video edito
Keypad and Remote wont work together EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:32 pm by lefeni

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
Keypad and Remote wont work together EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:29 pm by lefeni

» How to Open Garage Door Manually from Inside and Outside
Keypad and Remote wont work together EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 5:45 am by melanie

Counter

Keypad and Remote wont work together

Meatball

Keypad and Remote wont work together Empty Keypad and Remote wont work together

Post  Meatball Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:00 am

So we just bought a house and it has an older model Craftsman opener. Works just fine using the wall button inside garage. Previous owner left us a remote that doesn't work and theres an exterior keypad with no code provided. I replaced the batteries in BOTH and began to program them using the simple process of holding the “learn” button to clear all previous codes prior to syncing.

I begin by syncing the keypad and creating a new code. Simple enough, its working great in under a minute. Now I move on to syncing the remote. Another easy process that is done in less than a minute and now the remote works great! Unfortunately, the exterior keypad no longer works! What the?!? So I proceed to reprogram the keypad and now that works great....but the remote doesnt work now?

Bottom line: I can “learn” the remote OR the keypad but they wont work at the same time. One works and the other one stops and vice-versa. Im not clearing the codes every time I sync by holding the “learn” button too long until the bulb blinks/clicks. Im just using a simple push to light up the tiny LED thats next to the button. What am I doing wrong?

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:43 pm