Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Garage Door
Chamberlin opener closes to much and comes back up. EmptyToday at 12:17 pm by enman21

» Now Concrete Floor Poured - Now a gap at the door
Chamberlin opener closes to much and comes back up. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:47 am by jonemartin

» What did I do wrong here... garage door opener install Pics and vid included.
Chamberlin opener closes to much and comes back up. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 6:05 am by cochranejuniper

» Overhead Garage door issue
Chamberlin opener closes to much and comes back up. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:58 am by cochranejuniper

» Latest technologies to open garage doors
Chamberlin opener closes to much and comes back up. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 4:46 am by remsibradpitt5

» What safety features are important in a garage door opener?
Chamberlin opener closes to much and comes back up. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 4:45 am by remsibradpitt5

» How to choose best garage door and what points should be in mind?
Chamberlin opener closes to much and comes back up. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 4:44 am by remsibradpitt5

» Better Place Garage Doors
Chamberlin opener closes to much and comes back up. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 4:43 am by remsibradpitt5

» Garage Door Color Selection Guide
Chamberlin opener closes to much and comes back up. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 4:40 am by remsibradpitt5

Counter

Chamberlin opener closes to much and comes back up.

tsquad

Chamberlin opener closes to much and comes back up. Empty Chamberlin opener closes to much and comes back up.

Post  tsquad Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:16 am

Hello everyone, 

A bit of back story to this one. Came home one day and my garage door only opened about 2 feet and stopped. I have a screw drive chamberlin opener from 1994. Turns out a plastic coupler had broken connecting the unit to the screw track. Replaced that, and it now would come up all the way and stop, but when I go to close it, it is pushing way to much at the end of the track and forces itself back up. I have adjusted the downward travel all the way up to the point that the screw just clicks when I turn it. 

I would love to get this issue resolved as it is very cold and annoying having to open the door by hand all the time.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:08 pm